Sunday, May 8, 2011

Room to Manuever


Turned in my resignation at my job a few days ago. They were nice about it, I gave them a cock-and-bull story about how I'd gotten into my grad school of choice. Incidentally, I've been doing a lot of jogging as of late. Not because I particularly enjoy jogging, but because the Jersey Devil caught my scent. I slingshotted him into Slendy, and he's feeling particularly sore about being used as a decoy. I'm just amazed it took him this long to track me down. It's a really good thing I'm split off from my new pals right now. They're not nearly so well versed at this sort of thing. Keep in mind gents, the last time the Jersey Devil went on a proper rampage was in 1909. He was shot with all KINDS of ordinance, went around killing and terrorizing all across New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and generally caused seven degrees of trouble. If I don't play cat and mouse with him, he'll just take it out on everyone in my area. So I'm preparing to One-Man-Army my way through a goddamn monstrosity that single-handedly keeps the NRA afloat in New Jersey and willing to fight for the right to keep their M-60 squad-support machine guns.

Beasts are no threat.

Fortunately, I have a cunning plan. Seeing as Tao appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth, (Again), maybe it will get his attention that I'm going back to the Desert for this one. If the Devil wants to take this to the max, then I'm going to give him one hell of a show. The thing about the Jersey Devil, is that while he's a powerful son of a bitch, he's not exactly known for his staying power. He'll haunt you for a little while and make your life hell, but then he'll get bored and go back to the Pine Barrens. When it comes to Supernatural threats, he's more like a brawling, mass murdering fourteen year old with ADD. He'll focus in on you for a few days, but then he'll see something shiny and go kill something over there.

So. While I'm doing this, I owe you guys some hardcore explaining regarding:
1: Who is Mastermind?
2: Did you find out what happened during the remaining 20 hours missing from your memory?
3: What the hell is your grand plan to deal with 1 and 2?
4: So you've got those six things inside you. How'd they get there, and what do they do?
5: So are Mastermind and his people looking for you? What did they want with Time Lord and his people?! What exactly is going on?!

If I've missed anything, feel free to append it in the comments section. I've suddenly got all kinds of new readers, and I don't mind you guys saying things. That said, I've gotten into something of a devil-dodging rhythm, so when I can in the next week, I'm going to start putting up excerpts from my past, which will explain a lot of things.

Remembering hurts. Forgetting hurts more. Here goes nothing, eh?

I'm also going to update "Current Status" and "Recap of the Present" in the next few days. Lord knows anyone just walking in on this mess will need it.

Soon. Soon.

Keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times, ladies and gents. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

 Almost time. I will tell you a story while we wait.

6 comments:

  1. Apparently you have some hidden messages again, Sage.

    Beasts threat. Almost will a we

    So I'm going to use the only way around a filter that's ever had any degree of success. Let me know how it goes.

    are Soon. time. tell story wait.

    Good luck with the running, by the way. Any chance it'll come after me or Kay? We were just bystanders, but you never know...

    no Soon. I you while

    Be careful. Just... be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very big and loud compared to you two. I have a much bigger "Ooh! Shiny!" Factor attached to me. You guys will hopefully be fine.

    That said, whoever his phantom is, the great part about being hunted about three to four different organizations is that I can make them run into each other rather than fight them myself. It's juts another problem for the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're being hunted by yet another creature because you saved me.

    ...

    I wasn't worth that Sage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh shut up. Yes you were, and still are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...

    No offense, but I'm really glad I'm not you. Any chance of being able to make that next "shiny object" into someone you actually need to get rid of?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did it ever occur to you to just.. not pick fights with abominations?

    ReplyDelete